Terms of Service
Terms of Membership; March 9, 2018
BY SUBMITTING A PAPER MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION OR BY COMPLETING THE ELECTRONIC MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS AND SUBMITTING PAYMENT AND/OR CLICKING THE “SUBMIT” BUTTON, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU: (i) ARE AUTHORIZED TO SIGN FOR AND BIND THE CONTRACTING PARTY AND (ii) AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING THE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH IN SECTIONS 9 AND 10 BELOW.
In consideration of the promises and undertakings set forth below, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, the parties agree as follows:
1. DESCRIPTION OF MEMBERSHIP SERVICES. VSFL provides to You access to published and promoted VSFL services and resources and you hereby agree to pay the registration fees charged by VSFL as part of the registration process, (the “Registration Fees”).
2. REGISTRATION. To become a Member, You must submit a complete Member Application form, (the “Registration Form”), on Your behalf. As part of the registration process for VSFL Services, You agree to: (1) provide certain limited information about You as prompted to do so by VSFL (such information is to be current, complete and accurate) and (2) maintain and update this information as required to keep it current, complete and accurate. the information requested on original signup shall be referred to as registration data (“Registration Data”). If VSFL discovers that any of Your Registration Data is inaccurate, incomplete or not current, VSFL may terminate Your membership and right to Membership Services immediately upon notice.
VSFL will evaluate the registration application in good faith and will notify You in a timely manner regarding acceptance or rejection. VSFL may reject a membership application if it determines in its sole discretion that the prospective member is not an appropriate member of VSFL and its services. VSFL reserves the right to refuse the membership and Member Services to any person. VSFL need not provide a reason for its rejection. You may not register for this Service if You are under 18 years of age. By registering for this Service You represent to VSFL, that You are 18 years of age or older.
Upon submission of application and acceptance thereof together with your submission of additional information as prescribed herein and the acceptance thereof You will have established membership as a member organization of Viral Sports Football League and shall have access to the services offered to its members.
3. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY. VSFL will not sell, lease or provide to any third party, outside of the control of VSFL, other than the VSFL designated fulfillment agent, the names and addresses of any person whose information is submitted to VSFL and collected by VSFL as part of the registration process; including but not limited to, players, coaches, volunteers and administrators. VSFL is committed to the protection of the privacy of its members, please see our Privacy Notice. VSFL follows all laws as pertaining to the protection of privacy of children as required by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998.
You hereby agree to protect and not make available the personal information, including but not limited to, the name, address, telephone number and other personal information provided to you and collected by you during the registration process or otherwise, to any third party other than VSFL, its assigns or authorized representatives. Except as to conduct background checks or other inquiries as to the suitability of a person’s involvement with your organization. If you wish, you may opt out of this section, doing so may affect your organization’s ability to receive certain benefits provided to VSFL by its sponsors as a result of certain conflicts that may arise by virtue of conflicting sponsors or otherwise. To opt out of this section send an email firstname.lastname@example.org and type “Section 3. opt out” in the subject line.
4. SPONSORS. VSFL provides certain services to its members many of these services would not be possible without the support of our Sponsors, a list of sponsors can be found on the Viral Sports website or on VSFL literature and publications. As a member of VSFL You hereby agree to reasonably provide access, at VSFL’s request, to VSFL Sponsor’s, to any and all of your team, league and/or conference events, and to use your best efforts to promote these Sponsors within your organization. In the event of a conflict between a local and national sponsor, the national sponsor will pre-empt the local sponsor.
5. INSURANCE. I hereby represent and hold true that Our organization has purchased either the VSFL insurance plan offered by Sadler Insurance and that we have purchased insurance coverage either through the online system or directly through Sadler Insurance through a paper application or we have procured comparable insurance from a different provider, in either event I on behalf of our organization do hereby certify the following insurance policies are being carried on behalf of all teams.
6. TERMINATION. VSFL may immediately terminate Your membership and right to the Services if (a) You breach these Terms; (b) VSFL is unable to verify or authenticate any information You provide to VSFL; (c) such information is inaccurate; or (d) VSFL decides, in its sole discretion, to discontinue offering the Services. VSFL shall not be liable to You or any third party for termination of your Memberships or the Membership Services. You may terminate this agreement with or without cause at any time, effective immediately upon written notice to VSFL. Should You object to any terms and conditions of the Terms or any subsequent modifications thereto or become dissatisfied with the Services in any way, Your sole recourse is to immediately: (a) discontinue use of the Services; (b) terminate your membership; and (c) notify VSFL of termination via USPS certified mail or email Viral Sports Corporate Headquarters. Upon termination of membership, Your right to Membership and all the services provided as a member immediately ceases.
7. INDEPENDENCE. You hereby acknowledge and agree that VSFL does not exert control over your organization, including but not limited to, the affairs of your organization, tax matters, legal matters, corporate structure, personnel, risk management, rules, administrative policies, rules of play, etc. While VSFL may from time to time provide guidance or support services with respect to certain issues, VSFL does not give legal, tax, safety, insurance, risk management or other advice. VSFL only provides information which is generally available and should be construed only as recommendations that should be independently reviewed by your local legal counsel or other licensed professional prior to making any decision.
As such and with this acknowledgement and understanding VSFL has no formal position and will not engage or interfere with the administration or control of Your local organization by:
Engaging in player eligibility disputes.
Engaging in local league administrative affairs, and;
VSFL will not adjudicate or mediate affairs by and between parents and leagues, leagues and players, teams and leagues, leagues and conferences, parents and teams, coaches or other league personnel or otherwise, and;
VSFL will not engage in disciplinary actions at the local level our only recourse against a member is termination of membership.
VSFL provides to its Members as part of its Services certain publications which include a rule book and operations manual. these publications can be used by leagues at their option and VSFL may offer rule interpretations based upon these publications. Your organization is not required to follow these rules, however certain standardizations must be followed for inter-organization competitions. Again adherence to these standards is only required if your organization opts to participate in said competitions, participation is not a requirement of Membership in VSFL.
8. Control. i. As concerns all Organization pre-season activities; regular season; intra-league competition and tournaments; and all other Organization activities; VSFL, shall have no operation control responsibility over the following:
(a) Premises – including but not limited to, playing fields, practice fields, sidelines, spectator areas, concession areas, parking lots, adjoining areas and play or spectator entertainment areas whether on site or off site.
(b) Activities – including, but not limited to, preseason and off season meetings and preparation, try outs, practices, games, intra-organization tournaments, fundraising activities, banquets, organization outings and all other activities that are organization approved and travel to and from the above.
(c) Actions – including all actions (including inactions) and decisions on an orangization level that are initiated by organization officials, directors, administrators or volunteers, including the selection of volunteers and organization security.
ii.. As concerns all official VSFL regional tournaments, national tournament, all star games, and other official inter-league events, VSFL, shall have no operational control or responsibility over the following.
(a) premises – including, but not limited to, practice areas, spectator areas, concession areas, player accommodations, and player or spectator entertainment areas whether on site or off site.
(b) Activities – including but not limited to , activities within housing, player of spectator entertainment areas on site or off site, outings and travel to and from the above.
(c) Actions – including all actions (including inactions) or decisions initiated by the tournament host, if any, or by team volunteers or employees, including the selection of volunteers and tournament security.
iii. As regards to Section 2. above, VSFL, has operational control and responsibility only to the extent of requiring that any violation of official on field playing rules and regulations be corrected in accordance with the official on field playing rules and regulations.
9. AUTHORITY. You and your organization upon application for membership are prospective/interim members of VSFL, upon completion of your membership your organization will be considered a member of VSFL. Your organization is an independent member of VSFL. Neither you, as the contact of record for your organization nor any other persons in your organization are authorized agents, assigns, officers or representatives of Viral Sports Football League, this Agreement in no way grants You, your organization or any person in your organization the authority to bind VSFL. Furthermore, you will not represent yourself as anything other than a member organization to any other person.
10. REVERSE ENGINEER. You will not engage in any effort to reverse engineer, disassemble, hack, or in any other way attempt to dismantle or extract information from any of the VSFL websites, programs or Sponsor’s programs with the intent of re-assembling, launching a similar service, program or website which in any way would compete or interfere with the present or future operations of VSFL. In the event of said actions VSFL will prosecute to the full extent permitted by law and will attempt to reclaim the value of said loss by any legal means available.
11. REVOCATION AND RE-APPLICATION. In the event your application for membership is not approved or if your membership is ever revoked, you agree to NOT submit additional applications to VSFL through the online system but to request a special hearing with VSFL to reconsider your additional application and/or re-admittance to VSFL. VSFL is under no obligation of law or otherwise to grant you a hearing or any other due process relating to the termination of your application status or your membership or your readmission to VSFL.
12. CHILD ABUSE/MOLESTATION. In connection with your membership, you are granted access to certain resources, additional resources are available outside of VSFL, and all practices should be independently reviewed by your organizations’ governance board and by local counsel to ensure compliance with local laws and the more stringent of national and/or local standards of care, respectively. The resources we offer include third party services and tools (ie. background verification services and risk management checklists) which we believe are a component of a child/abuse/molestation plan, which addresses reasonably necessary and customarily accepted precautions for organizations of your kind to independently review, investigate, implement, administer, and enforce risk management controls to minimize the risk that youth will be subjected to sexual abuse/molestation, verbal, and physical abuse such as having a system in place to run criminal background checks on all staff or independent contractors with access to youth with unfit staff or independent contractors being disqualified, policies and procedures to make incidents less likely to occur, and a requirement to notify law enforcement in the event of an allegation or suspected case of child abuse / molestation. VSFL provides child abuse / molestation resources under the risk management section of the website. In connection with your membership application, and our basis for approval of your membership is our reliance on your representations and warranties that you have and or will adopt and implement a plan which addresses the aforementioned section.
13. MEMBERSHIP AMENDMENT. You hereby warrant that the number of teams which you represented in Your membership application are in fact the number of teams that will be receiving the Member Services. In the event of a change in that number You are required to notify VSFL and file an amendment to your membership application to reflect that change, payment must be submitted along with the amendment to reflect the current number of teams. In the event You do not provide accurate information with regard to the number of teams participating in your organization and receiving directly or indirectly Member Services and/or associated benefits, you shall be required to pay all membership fees due for all said teams since your organization became a member of VSFL. Credits will not be made in the event of a reduction of teams, however the amount of overpayment to VSFL is accepted as a tax deductible donation to your organization, It is your responsibility to request a donation receipt, donation receipts are only required in the event that the donation is in excess of $300.00.
14. AMENDMENTS OR MODIFICATIONS. VSFL may amend these Terms at any time by (i) posting a revised Terms of Service document on https://viralsports.us, and/or (ii) sending information regarding the Terms amendment to the email address You provide to VSFL. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the https://viralsports.us site in its entirety to obtain timely notice of such amendments. You manifest intent to accept these amended terms if You continue to use Your membership account after such amended terms have been posted or information regarding such amendment has been sent to You. Otherwise, these Terms may not be amended except in writing signed by both parties. Further, VSFL reserves the right to modify or discontinue your membership with or without notice to You. VSFL shall not be liable to You or any third party should VSFL exercise its right to modify or discontinue your Membership.
15. RISK MANAGEMENT. In connection with your membership, you are granted access to certain resources, additional resources are available outside of VSFL, and all practices should be independently reviewed by your organizations’ governance board and by local counsel to ensure compliance with local laws and the local standard of care. The resources we offer include third party services and tools which we believe are a component of a risk management plan, which address reasonably necessary and customarily accepted precautions for organizations of your kind to independently, review, investigate, implement and administer and enforce rules and regulations which contribute to minimizing the risks of participation both on and off the playing field. You hereby represent to VSFL that your organization has a written risk management program which addresses the following areas: appointing a risk management officer and risk management committee to oversee the program; participant registration forms including waiver/release, emergency information and medical consent, image release; proper supervision; proper instruction which includes coach training, explanation of safety rules, and emphasis on the more hazardous areas of the game including but not limited to proper tackling instruction; facilities inspection for hazards, equipment issues including but not limited to selection of appropriate equipment, inspection, repair, certification and reconditioning; sports injury care which includes pre-season medical clearance, pre injury planning, and post injury response; use of autos including group transportation and individual transportation policies, and any other issues which relate to the minimization of risk. Risk management resources can be found in the VSFL Participant Profile Packet under the section titled Risk management.
Your organization furthermore agrees and represents that at a minimum it will follow the your state’s version of the National Federation Of State High Schools (NFHS) recommended safety rules as well as any state laws regarding athlete safety.
In connection with your membership application, and our basis for approval of your membership is our reliance on your representations and warranties that you have and or will adopt and implement a plan which addresses the aforementioned section.
16. CONCUSSION / BRAIN INJURY RISK MANAGEMENT. In connection with your membership, you are granted access to certain resources, additional resources are available outside of VSFL, and all practices should be independently reviewed by your organizations’ governance board and by local counsel to ensure compliance with local laws and the more stringent of national and or local standard of care, respectively. The resources we offer include third party services and tools, which we believe are a component of a concussion/brain injury risk management plan, which address reasonably necessary and customarily accepted precautions for organizations of your kind to independently review, investigate, implement, administer, and enforce risk management controls to minimize the risks of concussion and brain injury which includes all related neurological impairment including but not limited to Cumulative Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE). You hereby represent to VSFL that your organization has a written Concussion / Brain Injury Risk Management Program that addresses the following elements: coach education which includes completion and testing on courses for both basic brain injury and proper tackling technique to remove the head out of the tackle with retention of such records for at least 15 years; annual distribution of CDC Concussion Information Fact Sheet or similar to all staff, players, and parents with collection of signed forms and retention thereof for at least 15 years; and written policies and procedures on concussion recognition, mandatory removal from play for all suspected cases of concussion, requirement to seek medical treatment from an MD or do for official diagnosis and completion of gradual return to play protocol, and medical clearance form from MD or do prior to return to play; policies and procedures to limit contact at practice in terms of days per week and hours per day; training of coaches for proper fit of helmets; and any other standards with regard to the minimization of concussion / brain injury risk. Risk management resources can be found in the VSFL Participant Profile Packet under the section titled Risk Management.
As part of your efforts to operated an effective program, your organization should be aware of and comply with state concussion/brain injury laws and your state’s version of NFHS recommendations on brain injury.
In connection with your membership application, and our basis for approval of your membership is our reliance on your representations and warranties that you have and or will adopt and implement a plan which addresses the aforementioned section.
17. TRADEMARKS. You acknowledge that VSFL is the owner of the “VSFL Logo text” and the “VSFL logo V graphic design mark”, and the name “Viral Sports Football League”, hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Marks”.
VSFL licenses its Marks to Sponsors and Licensees, any unauthorized use of the Marks will cause economic injury to our Sponsors and Licensees, these Sponsors and Licensees have in certain instances been given legal authority to enforce their Licenses to use the VSFL Marks for commercial purposes and any infringement of these rights may result in legal action from those Licensees for the value of the License for actual damages, consequential damages, other non-enumerated injuries and for lost profits.
VSFL hereby grants to your organization a Limited Use License, to use the Marks on paper goods only. Said license is further limited to only office supplies, business cards, identification cards, marketing materials, pamphlets and flyers. You may also use the Marks on banners to be displayed at games, meetings and competitions. You may not alter the Marks in any way other than by adding a textual reference to your own geographic location or league name. You may include the words “Viral Sports Football League” and / or “VSFL” into the legal name of your corporation in so long as it appears in connection with your local geographic location and or league name. This limited use license of the Marks as described herein is for non-commercial uses only. this limited use license is valid only for the term of your membership with VSFL, in the event of termination, or revocation of your membership, your Limited Use License shall automatically terminate concurrently with the termination of your membership in VSFL. In the event of termination of the Limited Use License, You must immediately cease and desist any and all use of the Marks, furthermore You must tender any and all items bearing the Mark to VSFL forthwith to VSFL.
Any unauthorized use of the Marks or the limited use license shall result in cancellation of membership and shall require the immediate forfeiture of the item bearing the Mark in addition to any and all value received for the item bearing the Marks, in addition violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
18. COPYRIGHT. All web pages, images, links, forms, website content, editorials, advertisements, logos publications, email newsletters, emails, videos, pictures and other visual and or literary products are the sole property of their respective owners. Any duplication, replication, re-publication or re-distribution can not be made without the express written consent of the owner. Any violation thereof may result in the levying of fines, royalties and even criminal prosecution.
Editorials, stories, images and other web content owned by VSFL may be linked to, or duplicated on Your organizations webpage, but be careful, because certain elements of the page on which the story or content appears may not be the property of VSFL and can therefore not be used without the express written consent of the respective owner. Also, please pay special attention to the section of this Agreement titled VSFL trademarks.
19. COMPETITION OPT-OUT. In the event your organization opts-out of inter-league play, which may include participation in VSFL regional tournament play and/or national championship play, and/or if your organization elects not to require on field play in accordance with the VSFL prescribed Rules and Regulations as provided for in the VSFL Rule Book and Operations Manual, which is available in the VSFL Participant Profile Packet, you must provide a copy of your organization’s rules and regulations to VSFL by email or USPS certified mail at the time such an election is made.
Whether Your organization opts to play in conformity with the prescribed VSFL Rules and Regulations or not, your organization should embrace three principles which are central to the betterment of youth sports and which should be reflected in your local rules and regulations, they are: Safe Play Through the Teaching of Good Fundamentals, All Kids Play and Good Sportsmanship.
20. VSFL INFORMATION. You agree and represent that You will not in any way share any VSFL information, including but not limited to your username and password, VSFL Rule Books, Forms, Operations Manuals, Memorandum, Policies, or any other information or publication either electronic or on paper to any person or organization that is not a member of VSFL.
21. INTER-LEAGUE ASSISTANCE. VSFL is a community of members. VSFL requests that any assistance or questions that other members may have and if you are in a position to help, you do so. Also from time to time you may receive requests from VSFL to aid other leagues, volunteers or help prospective players find a program or information that will enable them to participate, please accept and provide whatever assistance you can.
Also from time to time Sponsors of VSFL may request assistance, please use reasonable efforts to help our sponsors as they enable us to provide the services we currently offer and expect to continually expand.
22. PRIVACY. VSFL, its sponsors and affiliates may from time to time contact you, and any of the persons whose information you provide, by email, phone, fax or mail, to provide information about new programs, products and service offerings, that we think would be of assistance to you and your league, conference or team. If you do not want to be contacted with regard to these offerings please advise us and we will make every effort to remove you from those contact lists.
23. GENERAL TERMS. these Terms are governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Pennsylvania as such laws are applied. Both parties submit to personal jurisdiction in Pennsylvania and further agree that any cause of action relating to these Terms shall be brought in a court in Philadelphia county, Pennsylvania. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. VSFL’s failure to act with respect to a breach by You does not waive VSFL’s right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. You may not assign or transfer this Agreement or any rights hereunder, and any attempt to the contrary is void. this Agreement shall inure to the benefit of and be binding upon each party’s successors and assigns. Unless otherwise provided in this Agreement, any notice required or permitted to be given under this Agreement shall be delivered (i) by hand; (ii) by registered or certified mail, postage prepaid and return receipt requested to the address provided by the other party, or to such other address as a party may designate by written notice in accordance with this Section 12; (iii) by overnight courier or (iv) by electronic mail with confirming letter mailed under the conditions described in (ii). Notice so given shall be deemed effective when received, or if not received by reason of fault of addressee, when delivered. these Terms constitute the complete and exclusive understanding and agreement of the parties relating to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior understandings, proposals, agreements, negotiations and discussions between the parties, whether written or oral.
24. INDEMNITY. You hereby agree, at Your expense, to indemnify, defend and hold VSFL harmless from and against any loss, cost, damages, liability or expense including reasonable attorney’s fees arising out of or relating to (a) a third-party claim or action for your sole or joint negligence or as otherwise brought against your organization or any individual within your organization; (b) any fraud or manipulation, or other breach of these Terms by You; or (c) any third-party claim, action or allegation brought against VSFL arising out of or relating to a dispute between your organization and any other person.
25. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES FOR WEBSITE SERVICES, ETC.. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SERVICE AND ALL VSFL WEBPAGES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. VSFL DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. VSFL MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY OR ERROR FREE, NOR DOES VSFL MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE OR THE ACCURACY OF ANY OTHER INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE PLUG-IN WILL BE CORRECTED. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY MATERIAL AND/OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED (INCLUDING PLUG-INS) THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL AND/OR DATA. NO INFORMATION OR ADVICE, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM VSFL OR THROUGH THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
26. NOTWITHSTANDING PAYMENT OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FEE TO VSFL AND ACCEPTANCE THEREOF AND ANY ACCESS TO ONLINE SERVICES, PUBLICATIONS, MAILING OR OTHER SERVICES, YOU MAY RECEIVE IN THE INTERIM, YOUR APPLICATION AS A MEMBER OF VIRAL SPORTS FOOTBALL LEAGUE IS NOT COMPLETE AND YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER OF VIRAL SPORTS FOOTBALL LEAGUE UNTIL YOU PROVIDE TO VSFL AND VSFL RECEIVES AND ACCEPTS 1) PROOF OF INSURANCE MEETING THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AS OUTLINED HEREIN, NO LATER THAN THE FIRST INSTANCE OF TEAM PRACTICE OR PLAY, WITH VIRAL SPORTS FOOTBALL LEAGUE NAMED AS AN ADDITIONAL INSURED AND 2) COPIES OF ROSTERS BY THE PRESCRIBED DUE DATE, NAMING EACH INDIVIDUAL ON EVERY TEAM IN YOUR ORGANIZATION. FAILURE TO PROVIDE ITEMS 1 AND 2 WILL RESULT IN FORFEITURE OF YOUR APPLICATION FEE AS WELL AS FORFEITURE AND REPAYMENT OF ANY SERVICES RENDERED, GRANTS RECEIVED OR DONATIONS MADE TO YOUR ORGANIZATION BY VSFL, ITS SPONSORS, CONTRIBUTORS, DONORS OR GRANTORS.
You understand and agree that You are solely responsible for periodically reviewing the Terms of Service. You must report any violations of these Terms by forwarding email correspondence to email@example.com
Find Us On Social Sites